Canon G12..?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does the Ikelite case for the G11/12 have a 1/4" x 20 socket on the bottom? I want to use it with a quick release plate on the kayak also.

Thanks

Actually it has an odd size 12X24 screw hole, two of them I do believe.

N

Hey Nemrod,

I'm planning on getting the G12 & Ikelite housing soon and I want to use my 2 Sealife DC800 Ext flashes with it.

I have a 1" screw that goes through the two trays and into a 1/4" hole, will that fit this 12x24 hole coz I have no idea what that means! If not, does the housing come with the appropriate screw? I'm afraid I don't have a shop nearby to check.

Cheers

No no no.... Not SAE 12-24tpi, the Ikelite G12 has 2x 3/8"-16TPI studs coming out of the bottom of the housing.

I certainly have a commercial interest here, but in situations like these it is best to contact a specialty store that deals in underwater photo equipment. We have the gear on hand, and can build out systems and test compatibility in house before shipping to eliminate buying twice where possible. These forums are a great place to share info, but some times you'll see misinformation.

Night Vision, with a bit of DIY ability there is a a channel that you could through-bolt a QR plate on to in the supplied single handle tray for easy kayak mounting.

outpost31, the least expensive way to attach a couple of Sealife flahes is to put a 3/4" Locline base adapters on the top of the optional ikelite double handle tray.

You'd need this tray:
Ikelite Double Handle Tray for Ikelite Compact Housings [ike.9523.32] - $69.95 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros

and two of these:
Ikelite Stem Mount with Ball for Flex Arm [ike.9573.3] - $30.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros

The DC800 locline arm will snap on to that mount.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your help mate...but are you honestly saying my cheapest option is to pay £110 for those items rather than buy a screw that fits through my trays and into the Ikelite port?

the G12 is just as good as the g11 though the visual menu is much better as it shows you which mode you are in and which is to the right and left.the video is much sharper (hd) and you can zoom while shooting video unlike the g11. I have no complaints so far. feels just like the g11 and didnt have to up grade housings.

and you can zoom while shooting video unlike the g11.

Does the G12 have continuous auto focus during video? or is it still fixed focus like the G10?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom