Canon A80/A95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquakiwi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just got an A95 today, it fits my WP DC900 and as far as I can tell I can access all the
controls. Has anyone got any views of the advantages of the A95 over the A80 other
than the larger screen and the increased resolution. I love the A80 but my ageing eyes
love that larger screen

only other advantage is the preset "Scene" modes (see "SCN" on the mode wheel).

I think there might be one or two other options, but certainly nothing terribly major...

aquakiwi:
Just got an A95 today, it fits my WP DC900 and as far as I can tell I can access all the
controls.

I was curious as to if there were any disadvantages in using the A95 with the WP-DC900. I wrote Canon and here is their reply:

Thank you for contacting Canon product support.

The PowerShot A80 and A95 are made exactly the same and can use the same
waterproof case.

Thank you for choosing Canon.

Sincerely,

Angela
Product Support Representative

Looks like an upgrade is in my future :)

~BD

I would say you've made a great choice. I was wondering if you noticed any "Blue Hazing" around your pictures. That was the only negative comment I ever read about the A95. I have an A80 and love it. I wish I could make larger pictures now, but hey I guess thats the nature of the beast. Good luck :)

anyone have the a85?i just bought mine and ordered the WP-DC30 housing for it for 134.00 ..anyone use the cam underwater and if so how were the pics..thanks..

snuggle: there are plenty -- try a search

As for the blue hazing, it's apparently common among the Canon CCD's used to capture the image. It typically happens around light sources in a night scene -- it can be reduced by using a UV filter.

A question for KB, can you get U/V filters for the A80/A95? I have noticed that blue
hazing tho not on a night dive as I hav'nt done one with either camera yet.
aquaman

aquakiwi: I know you can get the filters for above water -- not sure about below.

I kinda doubt you'd see much blue hazing underwater, though -- usually the light sources get fairly diffuse below the waves. It's mostly the bright concentrated points of light that cause it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom