Canon A570IS Photo and Video Lighting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Medic0506

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know some guys (including myself) have asked the question before, "how can I add video lighting or photo lighting to my point and shoot set up?" I just finished setting mine up so I figured I would give the curious a look.

I started with the D-2000 strobe as I needed a strobe and that appears to be the best. It also has a built in 3w modelling light. Not a lot of power but pretty bright for its size. On to that I found that Equinox makes an arm which connects to the light canon 100. Basically they make the adapter and the rest of the arm is the loc line stuff. Pretty cool. I've yet to do an in water test but it seems pretty cool on land.

IMG_11511.JPG

IMG_11501.JPG

So I took a picture of the light on a white wall in my bathroom to see how bad it would burn in the center of the image. I was about 3-5 ft from the wall.

IMG_1155.JPG

Next I put a single diffuser on the light (2 come with it I believe) and this was the result. (Same settings)

IMG_11581.JPG

I haven't put the second diffuser on (can't seem to find it) but the first one works pretty well. All in all not a bad cheap video and photo light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom