Canister Material

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, I didn't document the process. I will try to do better on the next one. But I didn't do anything spectacular. All I had was the divelight book from airspeed press, http://www.airspeedpress.com/newlitebook.html and read many posts on the yahoo and msn divelight groups. Between the three of these references I was able to easily make the light. The one thing that I did have access to that not everybody does was a small lathe in my grandfathers basement. With this I turned out my lighthead from delrin.
Making an HID really didn't require any additional steps, you just have to ensure that your lighthead will house the ballast. I found a company by doing a web search for bulbs and ballasts. They are www.pyramidtechnologies.com. Go to their marine division and click on HID lighting. They have fully potted and waterproof ballasts that fit nicely into a head. They seem to be working great in the 10W. I am hoping the 21w is just as good. They told me however, that they are not even in stock yet. They plan to ship within 30 days. One word of caution about these products, make sure you get the correct ballst. They sell a regular 12v ballast and then an alternator feed one. If your going to be using anything more than a 12v battery, you'll need the alternator feed to handle the extra current.

Back
Top Bottom