Canister Lights

This or That?

• Canister Light 3000LM (bulky, lasts long)

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • Traditional Handheld 1400LM (concealable, low LM)

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I voted canister light, however in your budget you may be able to find a used 21w hid. My 21w Salvo came from mi-matched parts cost maybe $550 including overhaul by light monkey, as well as a new battery and charger.

My vote is for a Gralmarine but like others have said need to be more specific what your looking for. Check out https://www.gralmarine.com/home-en these are extremely robust expedition lights. Since these guys only do lights and have been making them forever they really know how to build a light and they make a light for what ever your need is. Check around and even with all your high priced flashy brands like halcyon, light monkey, etc. they do not offer a product anywhere close to as user chooseable (if that a word) as these guys do plus these lights are literally bomb proof they make them all the same and they come with a 150m rating but if you want they will test it to 300m for you but since there all made the same technically they are all 300m rated lights, think about how strong they have to be to withstand that pressure.

You buy a light by specifying what light head you want they have narrow beam, wide beam, video light extra wide beam, combo heads with narrow and wide beams, and all kinds of different lum's from little hand held backup 1,600 to 19,000 monsters. Then you choose what batter size you want based on run time you need. All there batteries have options for Aluminum housing or delrin, two out put ports for the heads one is regular one is 90 for sidemount and if you want to get really fancy you can hook two lights head up to you batter one on you helmet and one on your goodman.

These are also very reasonably price for what your getting.

One other thing I think I saw someone post that you should get a Nanight light. Just a heads up about these, I have some friends that did some photography/advertisement work for them so they were sent lights for demoing and they have already flooded 4 of them. They talked to Nanight and they even admitted they are having some Quality Control issues with the glue they use around the front glass to the body.

One other thing I think I saw someone post that you should get a Nanight light. Just a heads up about these, I have some friends that did some photography/advertisement work for them so they were sent lights for demoing and they have already flooded 4 of them. They talked to Nanight and they even admitted they are having some Quality Control issues with the glue they use around the front glass to the body.

Good to know about your friends experiences about the Nanight lights.
In future I'll refrain from suggesting them at least until I've gained more actual usage hours on them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom