Canister Lights

This or That?

• Canister Light 3000LM (bulky, lasts long)

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • Traditional Handheld 1400LM (concealable, low LM)

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cable out the top or cable out the side.

I thought that, but the pictures are all the same.

Well thanks for all the thoughts, but i think i might go with the deep6. But i need another light source for my ffm, not a can and not to bulky. Also not to pricey so something like the printon tech genesis or torrent

What's the difference between the backmount and the sidemount versions on the deep six?
Where the cord comes out of canister. In side mount the gland comes out the side, for back mount it comes out the top. You can use side mount gland for back mount, I do and have no problem with it.

cable gland orientation, pix are bad, but backmount is top gland, sidemount is side gland. Interestingly enough though I do much prefer side gland for backmount as well.

Do you just face it forward?

Do you just face it forward?

the cable still comes out the top, but it angles in towards your body. You rotate the strap so that the cord is against your belly. My argument is the cable is going over there anyway, so you may as well send it straight over there instead of going up first

The cord on my D6 light is a little long for me so I face the cap backward and loop the cord under the cannister and then out to my hand. I then wrap the long hose over that. Alternatively you could shorten the light cord and face the gland forward. Either way works.

The cord on my D6 light is a little long for me so I face the cap backward and loop the cord under the cannister and then out to my hand. I then wrap the long hose over that. Alternatively you could shorten the light cord and face the gland forward. Either way works.

can flip the can upside down as well so the head is on the bottom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom