canister light. led or hid ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah, hard to tell before i get the light, and can check it out :)
as for the handle to this, i was going to do a gooman handle, but looking around, thinking of it, i think i will make a wrist/strapp thing, with a quick-release (pipe clamp), so i can use it as a regular light if i want,switch hand ++ and when mounted have my hand all free :)
Kinda like this:
http://tlslights.com/images/Pics/maghead.jpg

or similar.. think it will be a good setup :)

Ok got the light from hong kong today.. and look very nice, but way smaller than i tought xD
head is the lenght of a lighter you could say.. sooo gonna have to change plans about swith and gland, as the ones i tought of, would be to big..
the "click" swith on the back got a rubber hood over it.. will it not work with that, if a glue it watertight :? or will it just get squised inn :?

the lens glas was about 2-3 mm thick, is that enough, or do i NEED to make a thicker one ?

O-rings was soft green ones, i will change them for better ones.

pics

Bilde863.jpg

Bilde862.jpg

Bilde861.jpg

Bilde860.jpg

Bilde859.jpg

Bilde858.jpg

Water pressure will keep the light from turning on and if you turn it on before you get in the water it will soon turn off (due to water pressure).

yeah, tought soo.... hmm any idea for other switch then :? could even be at the canister..

edit:
I tryed to switch the light on, then unplug the battery.. then plug the battery on again, and the light came on..
so guess i could just make a switch on the canister, breaking the power from the battery right. then epoxy ( or something ) the hole where the click switch is... would be a easy fix or ?

EDIT::: damn.. turned out that the light would only come on, if i plugged the battery on right away.. if i waited longer, it did not come on again.. :(

If you can take the switch out of the head you can wire the light to be on unless switched off at the battery pack.

hmm, yeah... how would i do that. after i have taken the switch out..

Cracked the switch open, and did some testing, and found out how to solder it :wink: works like a charm :D
have also soldered a longer wire, next will be the canister.. was gonna use a pvc tube i have laying around, but think it will be to big for this small pack.. gonna look into other things to use.

Ok got the light from hong kong today.. and look very nice, but way smaller than i tought xD
head is the lenght of a lighter you could say.. sooo gonna have to change plans about swith and gland, as the ones i tought of, would be to big..
the "click" swith on the back got a rubber hood over it.. will it not work with that, if a glue it watertight :? or will it just get squised inn :?

the lens glas was about 2-3 mm thick, is that enough, or do i NEED to make a thicker one ?

O-rings was soft green ones, i will change them for better ones.

I did a test with a 3mm boro glass lens and it survived up until about 85 psi or 160', I think. I would not chance it with that thin of a lens. If you accidentally hit it it will crack under pressure.

Is the back not big enough for an Agro gland?

hmm, yeah you got a point about accidentally hitting it :S
the back is big enought for a agro gland, but it's not room for it on the inside :/

anyways.. found a canister for it . Old halogen handheld light, just chopped of the handle, and epoxy where the switch used to be.. :wink:
also used epoxy on where the cable goes in to the canister, and into the light head.. will do the jobb :)
Testing tomorrow, on shallow water :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom