Canister bracket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lostsheep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Who makes a good bracket for butt mounting a battery canister? I know sump UK does but that takes a while to get and I’m impatient. Im trying to avoid milling my own. That said, I’d appreciate pics too in case I have to go down that path.

ETA: looking for something like this
615A7F1B-90CB-4A96-8CC8-A1A133D73137.jpeg

For what harness? For how big a battery? Do you need the rigidity for a purpose or dissatisfied with the normal mounting method?

I have several 3” OD canisters, light monkey, hollis, and a home built. I’ve been just hanging it off of bolt snaps but I’m not happy with the rigidity. I’m not committed to this style of bracket but I do want to give it a shot. I’m using a katana 2 but harness plates are custom

It is possible to order the Katana1 plate and use it as such. Cave Adventurers has kits pre-made (and is much their idea) or you can go the DIY route. I’ve been happy with the below. Caveat the light is only a LM 20AH canister but no issues with the rigidity even for dives when there isn’t the O2 bottle strapped below. Both have boltsnaps for secondary security; the canister to the bungees, the HP15 to the drop-D.

Attachments

• 62156263-5E1B-4D1E-8870-49F18498775A.png
    62156263-5E1B-4D1E-8870-49F18498775A.png
    382.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 9D53297F-889A-448D-85A0-3723127833B0.png
    9D53297F-889A-448D-85A0-3723127833B0.png
    423.7 KB · Views: 100
I have a custom one from Deep Sea Supply and it's similar to the Mares Tail Plate. Bungee loops and bolt snaps are good, having a hard mount in sidemount is not ideal

I have a custom one from Deep Sea Supply and it's similar to the Mares Tail Plate. Bungee loops and bolt snaps are good, having a hard mount in sidemount is not ideal

Post a pic?

I’m hanging suit gas and the canister fwiw. I’m not worried about a hard mount as I don’t get to squeeze through tight restrictions out here.

ETA: I’m glad you have yours but correct me if I’m wrong, DSS ain’t a thing anymore so…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom