Candlelight Mode with the Canon S95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think there is a way in Canon DPP to calibrate the white balance on a non-strobe RAW shot when there is no white or gray in the shot to use the eyedropper tool on.

It's the "recipe" function. It allows you to copy the settings from one photo and apply it to others.

So you take another photo at the same depth under the same conditions with some white or gray in it to use for a "recipe".
OR
you take a shot of a portion your white or gray card that you carry with you right after the shot you want to adjust then use that card shot as a "recipe".

Will try it on my next dive :D

Thank you Uncle Pug for the dive -- and no, the boat did NOT sink -- it is sitting right outside on the trailer.

A couple of pics from the EPL-1 and Inon d2000 Strobe:

19558f30.jpg

What I believe is a different Jenolus Fuscus -- f 5.6, 1/60th, ISO 160

1ad58c40.jpg

Uncle Pug himself -- shot in "auto mode" -- f 3.5, 1/60th, ISO 200

Thank YOU and Lynn for the dive! I have to say that was one of the nicest PP Ferry dives I've done in terms of great vis + no current (except for the first 5')

I appreciate the picture too. I'd like a copy if you don't mind shooting me one in an email. Was that "auto mode" with the strobe?

I was playing with Pen Auto Mode/Strobe sTTL and Pen Av Mode/Strobe Auto or Strobe sTTL (couldn't really tell much, if any, difference between strobe Auto/strobe sTTL with AV).

I was playing with Pen Auto Mode/Strobe sTTL and Pen Av Mode/Strobe Auto or Strobe sTTL (couldn't really tell much, if any, difference between strobe Auto/strobe sTTL with AV).

Not meaning to bug you but if you haven't already, do some dry shooting in your living room. Just be careful not to overheat your strobe. It is very helpful sometimes to sort out what is what and easier to take a sequence of shots from under to over exposure etc.

N

James -- Not bugging me at all -- to the contrary, being a wonderful mentor, and thank you for that!

BTW, also looked around at the "scenes" mode last night to find two "macro" settings and I was looking to see if I could set the FN button to one of them but it looks like I can't. Anyway, it does seem like I need to just sit down and "play" with a number of settings in a controlled environment to see what works best. Hmmm, maybe even set up a "reef" in the pool or hot tub and do the testing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom