Cancun Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slawman

Reaction score
I have been reading through threads and from other peoples questions and recommedations, I have made reservations with Ben @ M.A.D. for a dive trip for me and a snorkle trip for my wife at the same time. I will be scheduling another dive once we arrive .

Just wanted to let everyone know that Ben replied very quickly and had everything all lined up for us. Thanks for everyones recommedations. We will be leaving in a few weeks -April 17

I am ready to go !

I just got back from Cancun today and went diving with M.A.D. 4 different days, including one afternoon when I dove and my wife went snorkeling. We had a great time. I'm sure you will, as well!

We just got back yesterday and we had a great time, Went diving with Ben's crew for two days and it was excellent.

The first day my wife snorkeled while I scuba dove, we were on a great reef outside of Cancun near the isla Mujeres called Manchones. The plant and animal life was incredible, Seen everything you normally see on the Discovery Channel :D. From the Midwest I have been stuck in lakes and quarries over the last few years so this was my first Ocean Dive, and it was great. The crew is there to help you all the way. Ulises the dive master on the boat was a great guide through the reefs and was very keen on safety as were all the crew.

There were only a 3-4 divers on the boat with me plus the crew on both dive days, two dive masters and two other dive master in training dove with us on both days, it was a fun time.

The second dive is what I am not sure of, it was near the Isla of Mujeres also but at a different reef, it was on the south side of the lighthouse and I am not sure on the name.

But it was a good dive as well, little greener in vegetation and the currents were stronger but overall a great dive. Another dive master took videos as we dove which turned out great.

Prior to arranging the trip searched through these boards for recommendations on who to choose, there are a ton of options and I am sure there are other great dive guides /shops that would be great. I chose Ben Mayan Aqua Divewhich turned out to be a good choice, don’t let anyone fool you; you don't have to travel to Cozumel for a great diving experience. The dive sites around Cancun have lots of sealife in easy currents.

mayanaquadive.com

Jeff

Glad to hear you had a great trip, Jeff. The diving really is good around Cancun. Manchones is always a great dive. Did you dive on the cross on Manchones? I did two years ago and hit it with my elbow. Seems there is fire coral or some similar baddy on there. Took two or three months to get rid of it....Hope you didn't bring anything back with you! :D

Jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom