Cancun report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

STLSCUBA

Registered
Reaction score
Just got back from a business trip in Cancun where I had a short amount of time to dive and wanted to give a quick trip report...
I selected Mayan Aqua Dive as my operator and I'm sure glad I did. The one day I had open to dive had rough surf and the port captain closed it down to all boats. One of the owners of M.A.D. (Ben) was sorry for not getting me out that day and said he would call me the next day if things opened. I had business the next morning and evening so it was unlikley I would get to go. I returned to my hotel room around noon and had a message from Ben. He said that he could get me out that afternoon. I jumped in a cab and in a short time was diving MAD! The DM was the best and while Cancun may not be considered a dive destination, the things that I was able to see and do on those dives was worth twice the price (figure of speach Ben...haha). Baracuda, puffer, bat fish, coral, gorgonians, sponges, fans, anemones, etc to much to list. Fish, fish, fish. The visibility was good even though the rough seas the previous days. I dove two locations that day and would be glad to dive with them again.
Thanks Ben and the rest of the crew at MAD. I saw his plans for the dive shop and it looks top shelf.
If you are in Cancun with some time for a dive, I would recommend MAD. Ben, if you read this, please correct my spelling of DM's name... Alsidro? What a great guy. He is fun, safe and can do it all. I have been diving in Cozumel, Cayman, St. Croix, and Maui and my overall experience with MAD is near the top.
If you have questions I would be happy to give more detail.
Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom