Cancun next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

serambin

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I need a referral to a dive shop/dive trip company in Cancun. This is a last minute trip and I would like to dive at least 4 days. I'm flying down on Sat the 24th and returning on the 31st.

TIA
Stan

Aquaworst always have room for another diver. They have big boats, afternoon dives, and night dives. You might check comment on them.

I also dove with scuba cancun, boats are smaller. Their dive ladders are rusty and rough on the bottom, so be careful you don't get scraped.

As there is current, it is best to take a whistle or noise maker, and definitly a surface marker. If you do night dive, bring a small extra light.

Depending on where your hotel is, one might be closer than the other. Scuba cancun is on the north end of the 7, at KM 5. Aquaworld is on the south end - which means a much longer boat ride to reach your diving sites. The bus system works very well, and cost about 50 cents, and can get you and your dive gears where you wanted to go. I am not sure if either place have a shuttle service, you can google them and get more info.

If you do nitrox, you might be able to get 4 dives a day. With air, you could get a night dive in or two.

We will be in Cancun the same week , and I choose to dive with Mayan Aqua Divers.
http://www.mayanaquadive.com/index.php
We have 3 divers doing a 2 tank in Cancun, 2 tank Coz, and 2 tank Cenote with them.
I went with them because they run small boats and their equipment is new.
Contact Ben for your dive needs.
Jim Breslin

We dove with mayanaquadive in Jan/Feb this year. They are great!
Smaller outfit, no big crowds of floppy divers. They took wonderful care of us.
Definitely will dive with them again. They offer packages, recommend diving the wreck if weather is good. We had our own gear, but theirs looked new.
Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom