Cancun here I come (again)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used Manta Divers to do my AOW. They seemed a little unorganized in their ability to provide the training, not very structured. I guess it is not easy to train one person, while having to watch other pleasure divers.
Our 1st dive was on a reef and the current was pretty strong so the DM called the dive, we surfaced, got back on boat with all gear less fins. Relocated boat, and overboard again. I could not descend as fast as the other 6 divers so I drifted way away from the group.
There I was all alone in strong current, watching the group fade from sight while trying to swim into the current to catch them, impossible, ended up drifting into schools of good size fish though and a bunch of Barracudas. Now I can only see their bubbles, still trying to catch them. Eventually we got back together, and my dive buddy/trainer came swimming up to me all frantic, he didn't know I was gone or thought I had surfaced. Anyway finished the dive, got back to the surface, had to wait for the boat awhile in pretty good chop, not feeling too good. Got back on the boat, weak, hanging over the side doing what exhausted, seasick people do. Too weak and sick to do 2nd dive. Day One, more to follow.

jbliesath:
Great pics! Is it worth going to more than one cenote on a dive trip? I was thinking maybe a one day, two cenote trip.

Also, sounds like a busy time for you....are day trips to Cozumel worth the traveling?

Jack

Thanks Jack,
I had my second cenote dive canceled and was kind of bummed, the cenotes are fantastic, plus very easy too.
I've done day trips to Cozumel, and are very much worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom