Cancelled/postponed trips due to COVID - please share your outcomes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. I have that app - it’s very useful. Still need to renew Global Entry. App works in conjunction with GE. I’m a United 2M and now have $18k of credit thanks to Covid. No idea when I will be able to use it.
I might be misreading your wording, but to my knowledge, the Mobile Passport app can be used independently and as a substitute for Global Entry if someone doesn't have Global Entry. At least it worked for me that way on various trips before I decided to go ahead and get Global Entry (just because). I haven't checked to see if that has changed though.

Talk about a fast response. I received an acknowledgement this afternoon from Asiana Airlines about my complaint about no refund to DOT. They said to give them a few days to investigate and they will get back to me. They had 30 days just to acknowledge receiving the complaint and 60 days to try to resolve it. I shot them back a reply to their email telling them a fast resolution would be to just extend the fly by date for my voucher by seven months--keep the money and issue solved. Hopefully they'll bite and I'll be set for my trip back to the Philippines next May. The email was sent to me from AsianaAmerica which I believe is their office in Los Angeles.

I might be misreading your wording, but to my knowledge, the Mobile Passport app can be used independently and as a substitute for Global Entry if someone doesn't have Global Entry. At least it worked for me that way on various trips before I decided to go ahead and get Global Entry (just because). I haven't checked to see if that has changed though.

GE includes more airports and INCLUDES TSA-precheck.

Question: Is the GE card a REAL-ID card?

Supposedly the passport offices started phase 1 of their reopening. There might be light at the end of the tunnel.

@Trailboss123 I remember when Mobile Passport was first introduced. I downloaded it and used it just a few weeks later traveling through Atlanta. My passport was flagged and we had to wait in yet another line with the other ... flagged travelers. The guy mostly just waved us through and told me to get rid of that app, which I promptly did and never tried again. Obviously it has improved since then. :rolleyes: But it finally motivated me to get Global Entry. Hate to hear they are requiring more interviews.

Asiana Airlines refund resolution---received a email from Asiana Airlines last night granting me a full refund for my ticket to the Philippines which they and Orbitz previously both refused and would only issue a voucher good for one year from date of purchase. The waver for the refund was sent to Orbitz per Asiana and now I need to contact Orbitz for them to refund my money. Orbitz told me when I contacted them initially that I would need this wavier from Asiana to receive a refund and I'd need to contact Asiana myself otherwise here's your voucher nice talking to you. Filed a complaint with DOT and let them do the talking--they seem to carry a bigger stick in this case and I appreciate their efforts in getting me my refund.

I booked a LOB with Explorer Ventures for the Turks and Caicos in May. That was canceled. Re-booked for June that was canceled. Re booked for July that was canceled. Now I'm re-booked for the end of August. I have my fingers crossed it goes but with my luck it will be canceled due to a hurricane...LOL!
I should add Explorer Venture and American Airline have great with the re-booking. No penalties or added fees!

I booked a LOB with Explorer Ventures for the Turks and Caicos in May. That was canceled. Re-booked for June that was canceled. Re booked for July that was canceled. Now I'm re-booked for the end of August. I have my fingers crossed it goes but with my luck it will be canceled due to a hurricane...LOL!
I should add Explorer Venture and American Airline have great with the re-booking. No penalties or added fees!

Good to hear. I hope everything works out.

We are supposed to honeymoon in T & C at the end of August as well! It has been booked for over a year, but everything is refundable until just a few days before, so we are hopeful, but not overly nervous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom