Cancelled/postponed trips due to COVID - please share your outcomes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone have opinions on the "at home" tests?

Some of those promise 48-72 hour turnaround. We are entertaining that for our scheduled T & C trip for late August... unless @Jcp2 can sneak us in for a rapid results on August 19!

The only thing I know about them is it is suppose to be results 48-72 hours from the time they get them, which has had a real mixed bag of results from the people I know who have had it done that way. Tack on at least a few days for the mail to get them there depending on where you live and where it's going.
I'm still showing that T&C are wanting a negative covid test equal to or less than 5 days.

Yes, in a perfect world we would take the test and send it UPS or Fedex next day air to the lab. That would be days 1 and 2, hopefully they receive it and process the test, days 2,3,4 and we would get the results before day 5.

believe me, I am not looking forward to juggling this and the stress it will involve. But it is our honeymoon, our wedding reception was cancelled, her grandma passed away from COVID, work has been crazy and we are still planning on going on this trip if we can.

Yes, in a perfect world we would take the test and send it UPS or Fedex next day air to the lab. That would be days 1 and 2, hopefully they receive it and process the test, days 2,3,4 and we would get the results before day 5.

believe me, I am not looking forward to juggling this and the stress it will involve. But it is our honeymoon, our wedding reception was cancelled, her grandma passed away from COVID, work has been crazy and we are still planning on going on this trip if we can.

Good for yall! That is a lot of downer so here is hoping that you can pull it off!

Was supposed to go to Guadalupe via Solmar at the end of September. As of right now the marine park remains closed as well as the border and then we just got an email from Solmar stating they have closed one of their booking agencies and are not refunding any money due to the Mexican governments inability to give out unemployment. They are attempting to book you for a later date (hopefully they will still be in business next year)because they said they need your money that you paid to be able to pay their employees because there is no unemployment in Mexico. Would definitely stay away right now from booking with them.

Many trips cancelled - business and personal.

Airlines (AC & UA) have provided credits to be used in the future FOR THE SAME DESTINATION. For some flights this has recently been changed to a $ credit to anywhere. No refunds in our pocket.

Dive resort in Bonaire gave a future voucher for the same service. I am unsure on expiration...

River cruise in Europe gave a 50% cash refund and a 50% future credit for any trip. All other lodging for this trip has given a refund.

Lately we have been booking Air Canada reward flights only since we have a bag of points and if we cancel we get everything back immediately.

Still going around and around with Orbitz trying to get my refund for a canceled flight to the Philippines. Orbitz told me it was up to Asiana airlines to grant a refund otherwise I would need to accept their voucher. After contacting DOT on June 10th with my complaint about Orbitz and Asiana airlines Asiana responded within two days granting me my refund. They said they sent the waiver for the refund to Orbitz and I could get the refund from them as they are who I booked through. Of course I tried calling Orbitz and couldn't get through--got on a live chat and they at first said they had no record of my reservation--WTF? I asked for a surpervisor--yeah right--I was passed off to five different people and everyone of them wanted me to explain the whole problem over and over again. Finally they said they were to busy to talk with me and ended the chat. Finally I received a email from Orbitz in response to my DOT complaint saying we're looking into the problem. I finally got a call through to Orbitz to a agent from guess where? the Philippines! I explained the problem and told them that Asiana had sent them a waiver allowing them to give me a refund. Of course he couldn't find anything about that and would need to call Asiana but it was a Saturday and they were closed. He then asked me to shoot them a email with a copy of the email from Asiana allowing the refund. So thats where we stand right now--waiting for another response from Orbitz. A copy of the email from Asiana airlines granting me a waiver was also sent to DOT and they will handle it soon if Orbitz doesn't.

So yesterday Delta cancelled ALL flights to Nassau which includes the one we were on to go to the Aqua Cat mid September. Called and requested a refund. They said they would. At this point Aqua Cat has not cancelled however I'm sure that would not be decided till probably the end of August.

Back
Top Bottom