Cancelled/postponed trips due to COVID - please share your outcomes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sweet!

Hopefully you get your passport back quickly.

I have found that the Delta call back system generally works well, if you don't mind waiting. Glad it finally worked out for you.

Thought I saw an article a day or so ago that the US had put issuing passports on hold for some undetermined time. Not sure if this was brand new passports or renewals as well. That might be a problem for you if my read was correct.

Same in Canada. They aren’t hurrying to open this back up. Mix of unions and having no interest in citizens spending their money in other countries for the next 3 months...

Thought I saw an article a day or so ago that the US had put issuing passports on hold for some undetermined time. Not sure if this was brand new passports or renewals as well. That might be a problem for you if my read was correct.
Mine was just an update on name from my marriage and I sent it in well before it all exploded around mid March. But it still got caught up in the delay. Had I had any idea I would have just kept the old passport until things had returned more toward normal. My passport should be at the top of the list as the government returns to work though. Speaking of which it took 2 months to get my tax refund.

Received a email today from DOT regarding my complaint about no refund for my airfare to Manila from Orbitz and Asiana airlines. They said both Orbitz and Asiana must acknowledge receipt of the complaint to DOT within 30 days and must respond to me personally within 60 days with a substantive explanation or resolution of my complaint and a copy of their response must also be sent to DOT. Whether or not this is resolved to my liking is yet to be seen but al least someone at both Orbitz and Asiana will have some explaining to do. The wait is on.

As a frequent traveler overseas for diving I have a membership in Global Entry which has saved me a lot of time waiting in line a pond returning to the United States especially in Los Angeles and NYC. My membership was set to expire last year in October so I sent in the renewal form and the $100 fee six months before my expiration date. I paid with my Chase United Explorer card and was credited the $100 back to me by United as they pay for this fee as a card holder benefit. I waited about five months before I received a reply from Global Entry saying my application was "conditionally" approved and I would need to make an appointment with TSA for another interview. But they told me my membership was extended for another year until October 2020 to be able to see them for the interview. They also told me in many emails they keep sending me that I can do a "interview on arrival" after returning to the United States after a international visit--duh. So that is what I was planning to do as I had two international trips planned this Spring but of course they were both cancelled but they keep sending me emails saying I can interview on arrival--someone's not paying much attention at TSA lol. So I was hoping with this covid19 mess hanging over our heads that TSA would extend my membership for another year and I wouldn't need to schedule a interview at Denver airport (the closest location) which is 80 miles north of me---but no such luck so far. .

As a frequent traveler overseas for diving I have a membership in Global Entry which has saved me a lot of time waiting in line a pond returning to the United States especially in Los Angeles and NYC. My membership was set to expire last year in October so I sent in the renewal form and the $100 fee six months before my expiration date. I paid with my Chase United Explorer card and was credited the $100 back to me by United as they pay for this fee as a card holder benefit. I waited about five months before I received a reply from Global Entry saying my application was "conditionally" approved and I would need to make an appointment with TSA for another interview. But they told me my membership was extended for another year until October 2020 to be able to see them for the interview. They also told me in many emails they keep sending me that I can do a "interview on arrival" after returning to the United States after a international visit--duh. So that is what I was planning to do as I had two international trips planned this Spring but of course they were both cancelled but they keep sending me emails saying I can interview on arrival--someone's not paying much attention at TSA lol. So I was hoping with this covid19 mess hanging over our heads that TSA would extend my membership for another year and I wouldn't need to schedule a interview at Denver airport (the closest location) which is 80 miles north of me---but no such luck so far. .

In same boat as you. Sucks. I’m perplexed why I need another interview. I got mine a long time ago. You?

I suspect they will extend the time for interviews, given that none of the centers are open until who knows when. (And appointments were hard enough to get before given how backed up they were before all this.) I had to do an interview again too, apparently on a paperwork technicality, like I crossed a t that I hadn’t the first time so it was a change. I had possibly the last interview in Hartford CT before they shut it all down, in the completely empty little international terminal. I almost bailed but Mr Damselfish convinced me I’d see noone, and he was right. Even though I’m done, I’ve think I’ve gotten the emails about doing it upon arrival, which I guess might still be possible for the rare person.
Real question is, will I use this again before it expires again?

I suspect they will extend the time for interviews, given that none of the centers are open until who knows when. (And appointments were hard enough to get before given how backed up they were before all this.) I had to do an interview again too, apparently on a paperwork technicality, like I crossed a t that I hadn’t the first time so it was a change. I had possibly the last interview in Hartford CT before they shut it all down, in the completely empty little international terminal. I almost bailed but Mr Damselfish convinced me I’d see noone, and he was right. Even though I’m done, I’ve think I’ve gotten the emails about doing it upon arrival, which I guess might still be possible for the rare person.
Real question is, will I use this again before it expires again?
@bshort4 @tridacna and @Damselfish
A workaround to the global entry dilemma is to download and use the Mobile Passport App. I have global entry, but I actually use the Mobile Passport App, as I find it more efficient. Mobile Passport App - The App for U.S. customs and immigration

Thanks. I have that app - it’s very useful. Still need to renew Global Entry. App works in conjunction with GE. I’m a United 2M and now have $18k of credit thanks to Covid. No idea when I will be able to use it.

Back
Top Bottom