Canadian Extreme Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We held a CE light and a Scout side by side today and there weren't many differences. Bodies are pretty much the same with a slight difference in the attachment point on the bottom (CE rounded, Halcyon square) and the grip (CE rougher, more knurled than the Scout). The lightheads are exactly the same as far as we could tell and the only other difference we were able to discern was that the CE lights use double o-rings on the lighthead attachment point and the Halcyon light uses one.

I compared a CE light against the UK SL4 on a staturday night dive - i think theres is mention that they have the same bezel/light assembly as the UK light as well. Underwater, there was no appreciable difference in the light from each one.

There is one thing i've noticed though - keeping the light on the right strap seems to have rubbed my wetsuit and made the material a bit fuzzy becasue of the texture of the handle. I may take a light bit of sanding to it to ease that down a bit.

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom