Canadian Extreme Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring

Beyond the Pale
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I got my Canadian Extreme backup lights and spool today and said I would post a report. I included a few pics so you can check out the lights and how they are assembled. They seem pretty bulletproof and use the same UK SL4 type bezel, reflector, bulb assembly as the Scout lights. They are about $20 or so cheaper (each), and I will get them wet tomorrow and post then...

Darren was a great guy to deal with, shipping was fast, and if they perform as well as they look I think I will be pleased.

Exploded view of a CE light...

Blurry, but you get the idea...sorry, didn't want to get the camera back out and mess with it again..:eek:ut:

O-ring,

Might be an idea to measure the amount of line on your spool. I've bought two spools off Darren, the first had about 100' of twisted line, and the second had only 50' of braided line, which looks identical to what you have. They're both sitting in drydock until I take an advanced course that actually calls for their use, but make sure you've got enough on there before you shoot a bag at 70' and then find out the spool is ripped from your fingers! :D

...I was thinking that earlier when I was rigging my lights with my other spool of #24 cave line...that line on the spool looks darn thick and there's no way there can be 100' on there.

I actually have to use the spool next weekend for a wreck/search and recovery dive so I suppose I will play it all out and see how long it is...assuming I have to buy a roll of #24 for about $17 and rewind it that makes it more than the EE spool...

...looks to be about 65'. What type of line and what lengths are other people running?

That's about what I was thinking of doing...probably put 100' of #24 on it (or 150')...my buddy had the halcyon 100' defender spool today and the CE spool is somewhat larger (wider) and should hold 100' with room to spare (like wetman mentioned) or a little more. I don't suppose I could get away with a sheet bend and then attaching another 40' of #24 now could I...:D

Now to order some more line and rewind it...

Did 2 dives to 90' today and the lights held up great...easy on, easy off, no flooding...

Back
Top Bottom