Can you tumble dry a wet suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is too funny

Is stupidity covered under warranty?! :rofl3::dork2:

Only if stupidity means "defective material" :rofl3:

Now that I think about it,she must have had a braindefect,so that being the case i'll give Oceanic a call,it was their suit:dork2::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::dork2:

What's the hurry? Do you live in a humid climate? Worried about mold?

I'd probably forget to set the dryer temp low enough....

You could try hanging your wetsuit in front of a couple of fans.

That would be idiot-proof enough for me....:D

Dave C

Hehe... I knew someone had to ask why! :rofl3:

Well, the thing is I need to pack it down and store it just a day after I have to use it! That is why :)

And I live in Japan, and have a Japanese tumble dryer that I don't know how to adjust the temperature on! Lol! But I think it dries at 75 degrees Celsius. That is probably to hot, right?

I also thought about throwing it in the washer to centrifuge it! Have anyone tried that? I think I might have to start the washer empty though, and then throw in the suit when I hear the centrifuge start. The reason is I have one of those old fashioned top loaders. And the thing would probably keep filling up water until a water switch is activated, at which time the floating wet suit would probably push open the lid! :coffee:

Appreciate if people who reply state whether or not they actually tried the remedies they recommend themselves! :D

I've been tempted to use the dryer but then realized what that smell would do to the next 20 loads. Nope - don't think my office buddies need to be reminded that way that I'm a diver. :)

I echo Icthyas or IXΘYΣ commentary. Aside from the things he stated, you can void your warranty on your wetsuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom