Can You Tell Much About This Reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jerlane

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there,
I know this is going to be a stretch, but I am in the process of buying my first set-up and saw this reg on eBay. They list it as a Zeagle Flathead XP. It looks like it is for sale by a pawn shop. If I were to bid on it, I wouldn't dream of using it without first having it checked out locally. My question is how long this model has been around, and can you tell how old it might be from the photos.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Jeremy

For some reason I can't get the photos to post here. They can be seen in "my photos" if you don't mind looking here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/105144
Thanks again.

The Zeagle Flathead XP has been around for as long as the Flathead VI, it is the same Reg just with the Environmental seal removed to lighten the First stage and provide better work of breathing.

As the Second stages have the "Z" as oppose to the older second stages that have "Zeagle" written on the front I would take a stab and say the regs are no more than 3 years old.

They look in very good condition with very little use, though a Service would be wise before getting them wet.

Cheers
Chris

Wish my regs looked that good...

I think they are a bit older than three years...but not much..

They would need to be serviced, but if the price is right, you could do far worse.

I was looking at that auction earlier, they look to be in decent shape, and like DiveTub said, likely not more than a few years old based on the second stage cover plate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom