Can you name the fish or the place?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okay, thats better. I am going to find you a harder one.

yea, Melissa lets go. I have a torn hamstring and can barely walk.

okay, i know both so I will give someone else a shot.

let me know when you want to go. I am sure it won't be much fun diving with a torn hamstring.

yes, Corsair......Ahi....hmmmm don't think so. But lets not assume I know just because I took the shot. Is it an Ono? Does anybody know? Where is Captain Mathew when you need him?

Here is a couple more.

It looks like an Ono but could also be a great baracuda, maybe. Cant realy see the side pattern.

Sorry I missed this pic yesterday, but every Sunday I work a double shift at Big Island Divers. With the dorsal fin and the caudal fin in alignment, the first one looks like an Ono. Although my first guess was Rainbow Runner. The dorsal, caudal, and tail fins are too narrow to be a Barracuda. The second one is an adult Lei Trigger.

oh yea. I am coming. Its better. Probably not torn, I am probably exaggerating. Shucks, I thought you were going to name the fish and the wreck. (they are from your neck of the woods)

LioKai:
Sorry I missed this pic yesterday, but every Sunday I work a double shift at Big Island Divers. With the dorsal fin and the caudal fin in alignment, the first one looks like an Ono. Although my first guess was Rainbow Runner. The dorsal, caudal, and tail fins are too narrow to be a Barracuda. The second one is an adult Lei Trigger.

Yup. When I saw it in the water I said "yikes, move it on the ladder" I thought it was a bunch of cuda's racing around. But it was a school of Ono. Lei Triggers are pretty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom