Can you just hold your nose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen people who keep their hand on their reg for the entire dive, for every dive.

I do it for periods of time. Let's me wiggle around my jaw and take any tension off for a bit. I also just take the reg out of my mouth every now and then.

I do it for periods of time. Let's me wiggle around my jaw and take any tension off for a bit. I also just take the reg out of my mouth every now and then.

Miflex hoses.

Tracy, thanks for recommending my journal of my OW class. I think I might have suggested it to Skittl when she was gritting her teeth through her OW class, but I may not have.

It is definitely true that this is a sport one can learn. Some people take to it like ducks to water ( :) ) but the rest of us have to work at it.

Anxiety issues and bolting are truly the most worrisome problems a diver can have, because you can survive darned near anything that happens to you on a 60 foot dive, so long as you don't panic and you don't bolt and hold your breath. Bolting needs to be extinguished, and honestly, the anxiety level that leads to it needs to be dropped significantly before the diver can consider themselves really safe.

Skittl, all I can say is, work on your rattles.

Skittl, all I can say is, work on your rattles.

I definitely am. Our safety stop at the end of every dive I run through skills.

And so far, none of my 'real' dives have been anxious experiences. I enjoy them and don't worry the whole time.

Good to hear!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom