Can you define intelligence?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShallowDiverDave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
See title, and attempt to answer the question...and yes, I have been drinking.

The ability to learn adapt and understand

Higher intelligence makes these things go faster.

R..

Alternatively you could say that it's the insight that kissing a shark will be bad for your lips *before* you kissed the shark.

Saying after that fact that one will avoid kissing upside down sharks in the future shows adaptation but not real learning and therefore a lack of intelligence.

R..

I would say intelligence is a person's abillity to take all possible knowlege of a situation, think through all the possible positive outcomes & negative consequences, then formulate a plan of action based on the thought processes just mentioned & act on that plan, with contingency plans for when plan A doesn't pan out.

the ability to be drunk and not write stuff on the internet that you maight later regret.

cancun mark:
the ability to be drunk and not write stuff on the internet that you maight later regret.
Hey!!!

i resemble that daily!

Intelligence level is directly related to the amount of time someone's mouth is running. I can keep my mouth shut and people will have to guess. Open my mouth and they KNOW!

tstormwarning:
I would say intelligence is a person's abillity to take all possible knowlege of a situation, think through all the possible positive outcomes & negative consequences, then formulate a plan of action based on the thought processes just mentioned & act on that plan, with contingency plans for when plan A doesn't pan out.

This is pragmatic, but impractical, alternative/back-up to intelligence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom