Can someone run down which tanks work best for DIR style stage bottles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard Hy-Mark was Chinese. I have an issue with that and would refuse to purchase them if that was the case, so I hope it isn't so.

Unless I am vastly mistaken, the Hy-Mark guy used to post to Dive Matrix and ask for input about how to trim the weight of the tanks and whatnot. His English was perfect, and he mentioned being in American locations, so if he was Chinese, then he was fully naturalized.

All I know about Hy-Mark comes from Google searches though, so I could be wrong about everything. I have never seen a Hy-Mark tank in person. (Tanks I have seen: Steel: Faber, OMS, XS Scuba(Worthington), Genesis/Sherwood, ScubaPro (Faber?).. AL: Catalina, Luxfer)

Unless I am vastly mistaken, the Hy-Mark guy used to post to Dive Matrix and ask for input about how to trim the weight of the tanks and whatnot. His English was perfect, and he mentioned being in American locations, so if he was Chinese, then he was fully naturalized.

All I know about Hy-Mark comes from Google searches though, so I could be wrong about everything. I have never seen a Hy-Mark tank in person. (Tanks I have seen: Steel: Faber, OMS, XS Scuba(Worthington), Genesis/Sherwood, ScubaPro (Faber?).. AL: Catalina, Luxfer)

Well, it was a dive-industry rumor I heard on the internet, and you KNOW how that goes...:D

(Next thing you know, you'll tell me the president of PADI was in Playgirl magazine... :wink: )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom