Can someone ID this nudi for me...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leebobo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My buddy took these shots at Vets this Tuesday night. I think the nudi is Acanthodoris rhodoceras?? Can someone ID this for me? What about the shrimp? Last night, I saw a medium sized shrimp with one blue dot on either side of its body. Can anyone tell me more of what they are??

Thanks,

Steve

Attachments

• nudi.jpg
    nudi.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 68
  • nudi2.jpg
    nudi2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 50
  • shrimp1.jpg
    shrimp1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 44
  • shrimp2.jpg
    shrimp2.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 36
  • shrimp3.jpg
    shrimp3.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 48
My buddy took these shots at Vets this Tuesday night. I think the nudi is Acanthodoris rhodoceras?? Can someone ID this for me? What about the shrimp? Last night, I saw a medium sized shrimp with one blue dot on either side of its body. Can anyone tell me more of what they are??

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

The nudi is a acanthodoris rhodoceras

I believe the shrimp is a Brown Shrimp (Farfantepenaeus aztecus)

Was this shrimp the one you seen, last night, or was it a diferent one with blue spots? Maybe a Mantis shrimp?

Hi Steve,
Was this shrimp the one you seen, last night, or was it a diferent one with blue spots? Maybe a Mantis shrimp?

No, the blue dotted shrimps are 2/3 the size of these big ones and they are not in these photos. If I see them tonight, I'll take some pictures.

Oh no, I won't even come 10ft from the mantis shrimp. Nasty little guys I heard. Yes, I know what the mantis look like (from photos of course....)

No, the blue dotted shrimps are 2/3 the size of these big ones and they are not in these photos. If I see them tonight, I'll take some pictures.

Oh no, I won't even come 10ft from the mantis shrimp. Nasty little guys I heard. Yes, I know what the mantis look like (from photos of course....)

:D good statement.

Look forward to seeing some pics.

Thanks,
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom