Can someone explain DIR to me in one paragraph or less?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan:
A very specific set of gear and skills, created mostly by George Irvine and Jarrod Jablonski of the WKPP (a big cave diving project in Florida), whose idea is to be the best, most efficient, safest possible method of diving. It is very tech-oriented, yet suitable for all recreational divers, and includes backplates with wings instead of traditional BCs and a 7' primary regulator hose with a backup bungeed on a short hose around the neck. Donating the primary regulator in an OOA emergency, not using traditional BC's, and a very strong team-oriented concept are central to the system and this, coupled with its extreme rigidity in terms of gear choices and procedures, make it a somewhat large target in the community by those who feel offended that they're being told they're doing it wrong.

There. one paragraph.

You forgot the kool aid! :D

JeffG:
Thats more than a paragraph...get with the program.

I was with the program. My answer was way under a paragraph. It's not my fault that my paragraph requires a bit more research to get the full picture :wink:

Spectre:
I was with the program. My answer was way under a paragraph. It's not my fault that my paragraph requires a bit more research to get the full picture :wink:
You must be part lawyer.

Spectre:
Ack. I guess it shows that I've been taking with friggin' lawyers all day :11:
You have my condolences.

DIR diving ;

An aproach to diving where equipment, team effort,physical and mental effort are fine tuned to lesson inherant dangers of the dive, while increasing situational awareness, decreasing stress, while making diving more enjoyable through knowledge,planning, and experiance.

Hows that ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom