Can not wait!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Airborne

Reaction score
Great board!...... I Start next week ,been waiting a couple years to be able to dive!Just got out of the US Army and am living in central FL .I will use the search so I dont post to many crazy ques.

Why the wait? Can you not dive in the army? Well your in Neptunes army now boy! And his orders are to get wet! Liberally and often....
Cheers Big Ears,
The Gasman

Welcome Airborne,

Jump right in, the water's fine. What's with the 2yr delay...were you stationed in a desert?

Jimbo :)

Thanks all!....Why the wait?.. I was always deployed> Kosovo .....etc When I was at Ft Bragg always had to work the road (MP)Now that I am out ,and in country ,I looking foward to the scuba life! Reading some of the threads I am sure I will learn alot here.

Hi, Airborne. Welcome to the board!

Living in Central Florida are you? Well I'm defintely jealous. Guess you'll be checking out those clear Florida springs and heading down to the Keys for some great diving adventures. And of course, Miami is the gateway to so many great Caribbean adventures. I'm one of the landlocked Texans (transplanted from New York to Fort Worth more than 20 years ago).

FYI, we dived with Aquanuts at Kelly's on the Bay in Key Largo last October and had a great time(heard they got some bad press a few months ago, allegdedly leaving a couple of divers in the water and the boat captain was allegdedly fired). However, we found the staff to be friendly and willing to go above and beyond to be helpful. They took roll call before and after every dive and were "Johnny on the spot" whenever any divers needed assistance, so hopefully that incident I mentioned was just an isolated regretable accident. All in all, we had a blast and saw some great fish life at the popular dive sites there.

Laura

Hello Airborne, looks like you too have discovered the best way to spend time during a surface interval... welcome to the scubasource family!

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

Laura,
Just to add to that, Aquanuts now has tags that clip on your tank that each diver returns and checks off before the boat leaves the dive site. I dove with them two weeks ago, a little restrictive but better safe then sorry.
I think the new owners are the two people that were left at sea after suing. Just joking.
Mike

Hi Mike,

Yeah, I did hear that Aquanuts were now required to use the tags. I heard those folks in the water had to climb up on a buoy and waited several hours for a boat to notice them. I guess they dive only on their own live-aboard now, haha. I afraid the captain that was let go may have been the one I had when I was there. I don't remember his name, but I didn't see his photo on the Aquanuts website anymore. It was a big screw up, but if it was the same guy I feel bad that he messed up, he was a nice guy with a lot of patience.

The owners seemed genuinely regretful and I would still go to Aquanuts again.

Laura

I too was wondering why the delay. But Kosovo does explain it.

A warm welcome from Canada!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom