Can I use a VTX with my VTR 4 Pro transmitter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Oceanic (or their latest reincarnation) sent me a VTX to replace a defective VTR-4 Pro dive computer.

I haven't been able to get it to link with my VT4 transmitter. Is this possible?

Not sure what Oceanic computer you had VT4? Regardless, Oceanic has been using the same transmitter since 1996, it should work. Obviously, you permanently pair by entering the transmitter serial number. You may want to check the transmitter battery if you are still having problems

Not sure what Oceanic computer you had VT4? Regardless, Oceanic has been using the same transmitter since 1996, it should work. Obviously, you permanently pair by entering the transmitter serial number. You may want to check the transmitter battery if you are still having problems
Does the transmitter need to be on the first stage on the tank or will it link without?

You can pair it on the computer anytime. The transmitter must be on a 1st stage and pressurized to send a signal to the computer and register a pressure.

You can pair it on the computer anytime. The transmitter must be on a 1st stage and pressurized to send a signal to the computer and register a pressure.
Yeah, this. To pair, you only need to enter the serial number of the transmitter in the DC. However, in order to confirm that the pair was successful, you need to mount the transmitter to a 1st stage, mount the first stage on a tank, AND open the valve. Transmitter is off until tank pressure wakes it up. Same transmitter will work for Oceanic, Aqualung, Shearwater, Sherwood , and others. Scubapro, Suunto, and a few others use proprietary transmitters.

Back
Top Bottom