Can I try your doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RumBum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for a kind soul who will let me dive with your double 85's or 95's. I can be at Clear Springs this weekend (12/6 or 7) or at Travis next weekend. In exchange I'll pay for your air for a day and of course fill the doubles up with air.
And you'll get Karma points, which are always good! :angel:

I owe ya one RumBum so my dbl faber95's are at your disposal. I'll include either the Apex or the Scubapro 1st stages and reg's as you choose. We can talk bp/w's too if you want to dive these dbls. I get home from Florida Friday evening (the 5th) and can have them ready for you at any time from that eve on.

This set of dbl95's ares not what I use for Nx so they're not O2 cleaned ... air only. I've got a set of Worthington dbl120's and a set of PST 120's that ARE O2 cleaned if you want to dive Nx. I also have the red dbl al80's (air) on loan to Derek, but he'll cough 'em up for a weekend with a phone call. You have choices here is all I meant to say so just let me know what you wanna do and I'll be happy to help out. It's the least I can do for you after you took me for dive number 9 without even knowing me.

Glad In10se has ya covered...all I could offer is for you to use my single twice!

Hope y'all have fun. Stay warm!

I am looking for a kind soul who will let me dive with your double 85's or 95's. I can be at Clear Springs this weekend (12/6 or 7) or at Travis next weekend. In exchange I'll pay for your air for a day and of course fill the doubles up with air.
And you'll get Karma points, which are always good! :angel:

PM sent...one more thing though. I'd definitely recommend that you try some dbl 85s before you jump to the 95s. I think you'll find the 85s much more manageable, especially if you don't need the extra bottom time.

I love the swamp, everyone's so nice here! I think I'll agree with K-valve and try the 85's first to see if I can carry them!

x2 on the 85s. I started with 85s and am very glad I did, jumping straight to the 108s that I dive now would have really put me off.

RumBum.... did you receive my reply over on TDS to your PM to me the other day regarding this topic..just curious as I have answered PM's before only to find they were not delv....? :wink:

RumBum.... did you receive my reply over on TDS to your PM to me the other day regarding this topic..just curious as I have answered PM's before only to find they were not delv....? :wink:

Yes I have responded now. Thanks!

Agreed that Steel 85's rock!

With ladies having usual better gas consumption then guys this is a great way to go.
You can use double alum 80's but they tend to swing way positive when empty.

If and when you buy doubles something to do is to float check the set up with about 500 psi in your tanks. That way you know the positive swing when they are empty.

If you try this and weight of the tanks are too much then you could always consider side mounting the tanks. In the past this has been a bit of a gray area but it is taking off with certain groups. The nice point for this is it is easier to move the tanks and you do not have to mess around with banded tanks.

I have to point out that you would have to be able to exchange regulators underwater and be able to balance the gas consumption from two tanks instead of one set.
The positive is you can see the valves and do not have to reach behind your head for valve drills.

Also there are a few rigs being sold for this- Diverite Nomad, Diverite parts, Armadillo, and a few others.

Just trying to add to the fabric of the conversation.
Later, Andrew

I dive sidemount sometimes (see avatar). I don't think I'd recommend them to someone new to tech diving though, but only because of the additional task loading...as was mentioned in the previous post. You'll have plenty to think about starting off without having to worry about dealing with the extra hoses, switching regs and keeping your gas supply balanced.

I'd suggest starting off with the doubles and moving to sidemount if you find that you/your diving will benefit.

Just my $.02. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom