Can I get a DUI for less than MSRP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1970197620

" like new DUI (Diving Unlimited International)CLX 450 drysuit that is virtually new and has side pocket and industrial kneepads. I have only dove the suit twice and that was in a fresh water florida spring. I am including with the suit the DUI drysuit bag, Halcyon pee valve (new package never opened), size large polartec underwear, size 11 rock boots, size medium DUI hood, inflator hose & owners manual..."

THIS is where you find Drysuits at Killer, Killer prices.

woah.

K

I did some research, wondering the same question when I was offered a used DUI. Found this site. Note that the price are after VAT, so you get an extra discount, but I don't know how much they charge for shipping.

www.aquarius-diving.co.uk/index.htm

They have the lowest prices that I've seen and they are DUI authorized dealer. Their website is even listed on DUI's site...

I have not bought a dui drysuit, but it has been my experience at just about every scuba shop that they will usually make deals much less than MSRP, especially when paying with cash. The first thing I usually ask is, "Is this the best price you can give me?". Almost always they will give you a much better price. It can't hurt to ask. Of course I think you will get the best deals when you continue to bring your business to a shop, even if it is just for air fills. Try making a reasonable cash offer. I think you will be surprised how low most dive shops will go to get your business.

I have been checking out DUI myself for about a week now. I called every dealer near me (around 6-8) and not one of them was selling at MSRP. They were all under it, quite a bit less in fact.

Andy

Sport chalet was $1600 for a stock suit clx 450. I didnt negotiate at all so you could probably get it for a little less. Price was quoted to me over the phone.

In my local area (So Cal) I was able to squeeze out some quotes for somewhat under MSRP. But I decided to call around in other places across the country and found a dramatic difference. The initial quotes I would get (i.e. even before any negotiation) were hundreds of dollars less than the best I could get around here. I'm curious as to why that is, especially since the suits are manufactured locally. Price fixing? Needless to say, I placed an order with an out-of-state dealer and saved big $$$.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom