Can I get a DUI for less than MSRP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nudi

Registered
Reaction score
I don't want to instigate a flurry of DOGs telling me they're worth the money, I know they're good suits. But do people actually pay MSRP? If it's possible to get a DUI suit for a more reasonable price, I'd like to know where/how?

Thanks,
-Nudi

Nudi once bubbled...
I don't want to instigate a flurry of DOGs telling me they're worth the money, I know they're good suits. But do people actually pay MSRP? If it's possible to get a DUI suit for a more reasonable price, I'd like to know where/how?

Thanks,
-Nudi
Find a shop that gives DM or instructor price breaks...oh yeah, and then get your DM or instructor :D

NUDI,

I too have been investigatign the pricing of Dry suits. DUI has a program in which they sell refurb suits with full waranty for $800 or so.
I can't speak for everyone, but I hate to pay MSRP for anything!!!

JMTCW

MAD
:upset:

I didn't ask for a discount... but I got a sizable one anyway. And it isn't like I'm one of the groupies in there buying stuff all the time either... fact is I don't even buy airfills.

So I think that if you patronize an establishment regularly you should be able to do as good by asking for a discount.

Ditto that Rex Dive Center link. I have done business with them, and was completely satisfied. DUI took longer than promised, but that didn't reflect on Rex Dive.

You gotta ask.

There is considerable margin in a DUI suit. There are a lot of dealers out there - its not unreasonable to ask for a discount to keep you in the dealer.

In So Cal, Sport Chalet just became a DUI dealer - their REGULAR price on a 450 is $1695...I believe that considerably less than MSRP.

Ken

I've been pricing out a lot of equipment lately and have come to one conclusion, Canada (where I live) is actually less expensive for dive gear than the US and the UK - at least based on mail order/Internet/grey market prices. This could be due to distributer pricing or on slimmer margins, but it's worth a look. Remember that one canadian dollar is only 64¢ US. There are canadian taxes however...
Try these guys, especially if you are in up state NY. I know they sell DUI suits at less than MSRP.
http://www.dansdiveshop.ca
Like most shops their web pages do not have prices due to restrictions of the manufactuers, but I think they will ship to most places, and if you are out of state there is no provincial taxes.

Nudi wrote...
But do people actually pay MSRP? If it's possible to get a DUI suit for a more reasonable price, I'd like to know where/how?
Every dive shop I contacted in my DUI search offered me a "big discount" off MSRP. I wound up paying $500.00 less than most of them wanted. Caveat emptor.

BTW, this was prior to the new "minimum discount" policy that was to have gone into effect at the beginning of this year.

Anyone know if that actually took place, and if so, what effect it had?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom