Can Chip Credit Card Go Underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Modified 6....

Last month my credit card split into 2 pieces, front and back with the chip inside.

I checked out the pelican box, but it is much larger than what i would like. On shore dives i like to keep $60, dan, certification and 1 credit card. The pelican seem to big for me.

Maybe i can find a place in my camera case.

Advantus and Witz both make a waterproof case no bigger than your credit card. Just a little thicker.

I don't use one, but I see them on the boat all the time. It has to be more waterproof than your pocket....

Leave it on the boat. I seriously doubt anyone has had a problem with the boat captain going thru their things. Who else are they going to point a finger at? Shore diving might be more of a problem but I never give it a second thought on a boat.

Last month my credit card split into 2 pieces, front and back with the chip inside.

I checked out the pelican box, but it is much larger than what i would like. On shore dives i like to keep $60, dan, certification and 1 credit card. The pelican seem to big for me.

Maybe i can find a place in my camera case.

1010 Protector - Micro Case | Equipment Cases | Pelican Products, Inc.

• INTERIOR (L X W X D)
    4.37" x 2.87" x 1.68" (11.1 x 7.3 x 4.3 cm)
  • EXTERIOR (L X W X D)
    5.88" x 4.06" x 2.12" (14.9 x 10.3 x 5.4 cm)

Last edited:
When I travel I swim with my money clip in my shorts. I've had no issue with the chip not working during or after my trips.
No corrosion develops between the metal parts?

I dive with two chipped cards and have had zero problems with either of them, despite failing to rinse them after the dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom