Can anyone ID this loop hose clamp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like to use a slice of tyre tube under clamps certainly if the hoses are silicone like these

034z.JPG

and they've been stretched over the fitting

037z.JPG

Can you measure the height of yours? 16mm seems like too much. Not sure diameter either. Can't get a good measurement with the zip ties & inner tubing I have wrapped around them and don't feel like pulling the hoses apart just to measure.

rEvo support did reply and said to just use two zip ties. I have a pinhole in a hose which seems to be from rubbing on the zip tie while the loop is hanging down on boat rides.
I won't be able to get the measurements for another month, as I am away.

However, Divesoft store explicitly states which clamps you need for popular rebreathers. Here is a link to rEvo:

As posted above, using zip ties against unprotected surfaces may not be the optimal choice. When you use clamps, zip ties, or anything that may rub on or through the surface, you must protect the surface. Tire tubes, electric tape, etc. - choose the best material for the surface.

Also, proper torque is your friend. rEvo does not publish the torque specs for every connection, but for the loop the general consensus is "hand tight." If you tighten up the screws or pull the zip ties to the point where they cut into the loop surface, you are making things worse.

I am sure you have this in your kit already, but do ensure that you have the proper bits / tools if you switch to these Divesoft clamps so that you can service the loop in the field.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom