Can an Oceanic Delta V Rega accomodate a long hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ccohn2000

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I bought my first reg (OK my second, the first was an E-Bay buy but it was really all about the computer attached to it.) an Oceanic Delta V because my husband had just flooded my other one while rinsing the gear and as I have an air integrated computer, I wanted to avoid that in future. The one I bought was DIN though, which didn't have that feature. Consequently I have no idea why I bought it. It falls under the heading of "it seemed like a good idea at the time" I suppose. Now, stuck with that reg I want a long hose, because I necklaced my octo and I am worried that the hose on my primary is too short to comfortably donate. The Delta V second stage has a ball swivel and it doesn't look like it comes off the hose. Is there anything I can do? Is it possible to put a different brand second stage on the Oceanic FDX-10 first stage? Does it matter?

Carol

Hi Carol,

I'm in the same situation - I want to replace the short swivel hose on my Delta 4 main DV with a 2m long hose as the swivel hose is too short to allow me to donate the main DV if I need to, and I don't want the swivel (it's one more thing to go wrong!). The fitting on the body of the main DV is not compatible with that on the standard hose I've bought. I've contacted Oceanic and asked them if they make an adapter to convert a standard hose to the fitting on the Delta 4. They've replied saying they don't make an adapter OR a longer hose. I'm going to harass them further; this seems crazy.

Ben

You're stumbling over the Law of Unintended Consequences - you acquired a regulator that doesn't suit your purposes and are finding solving the problems that decision creates to be increasingly difficult and expensive.

The fastest, cheapest and best solution may be to back up to the beginning. Buy a regulator that meets your requirements without the need for extensive modification. Take the mistake and add it to your Wall of Shame or sell it to someone who will love it for what it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom