Can 300 Bar DIN regs work on 200 bar valves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a4lod

Reaction score
I own two 200 bar Dive Rite H-Valves. I plan on upgrading my Scubapro Mk25's to DIN; however the DIN adaptors are 300 bar. Will I have any problems using the 300 bar DIN reg on my 200 bar valves? Please respond. Thanks.

You should be able to use a 300 Bar DIN regulator with a 200 Bar DIN valve. Two threads will be exposed on the regulator, but the o-ring seals against the valve.

You need to provide some information about your tanks, though. A standard fill on an AL80 is pretty close to 200 Bar, and fills with the newer HP tanks can even push the 232 Bar limit on the 200 Bar valves. Unless you're only diving low pressure steels or diving AL80s with cold fills, a 300 Bar DIN valve is a better choice overall.

Note that you cannot use a 200 Bar DIN regulator with a 300 Bar DIN valve, though. The 200 Bar DIN has five threads, and the 300 Bar DIN has 7, so the 200 Bar DIN would not seal in a 300 Bar DIN valve.

The tanks I will be using are Al80's. The DIN adaptor at the dive shop says it is 300 bar. My current 1st stages are two Scubapro MK25's with yoke adaptors. I assume I should have no problems converting it to DIN and using it on my H-Valves?

Back
Top Bottom