Camping/Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpitard

Reaction score
Hello All,

Glad I found this forum. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to go camping and diving close to or in the same area. I've been to Vortex and Genie (Fla.) and loved them both. I was thinking mabye somewhere else. Maybe out of Florida?

Thanks!

Jason

Are you looking for camping AND diving on the same premises?

Outside of Florida, you say? Well, yeah ... I know a great place. Might be a bit of a drive for you though.

Porteau Cove ... just north of Vancouver, British Columbia. It's got a dive park with a campground right on the premises. Great diving, spectacular views ... the dive park has several sunken boats and other structures that provide habitat for fish and other marine liife. And if you've got a small boat that can get you down along the coastline about five minutes, it's got "Thunder Wall" ... a cliff that plunges 200 feet beneath the surface with lots of critters, clound sponges, and marine inverterbrates. And if you happen to be diving it when the train goes past overhead, you'll get to experience why they call it "Thunder Wall" ... :wacko:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom