Camera's on a bugget

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GotAir

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I would really like to have a nice UW digital camera! but I just spent all my bucks on dive gear. so I was going diving that next weekend and I was in walmart to get something? and I thought I would see if they carried a camera that maybe I could get a UW case for. the attendent said they didnt carry UW camera's but did have a cheapy throw away. Kodak Max Sport disposible good for UW no more than 50 ft. I said what the heck $8.50 and I was only diving at 33ft anyway. I was surprized! that it took some really great pic's so i just wanted to let you know.

Mike :D

First of all, welcome to the photo section.

I wasn't aware that those cameras could go that deep; normally they are only good to about 15'.

How about posting some of the pictures here?

Take care,

I had to take care of a customer! here's a pic at 30 ft I took with that cheapy throw away Kodak Max also Fuji makes a UW throw away camera rated 50ft that I have not finished the roll yet Will See if its any good also. mike

Snapsights makes an inexpensive camera that goes down to 85ft. It comes with a 28mm lens and a flash. They sell for about $20 and you can reload the film and battery. I take out the 800 speed film and reload with Fuji 400. I spend another $5 for the closeup lens which lets you shoot at distances from 2-4 feet. In my other BC pocket I cary a small slave flash. It's pretty neat whayou can do with an inexpensive little camera. This one is comparable to the Aquashot.

Thats a great deal for a reuseible C. where do you get them ? your LDS or ? maybe online. I'm just dieing to know!:confused:

And thanks for your input on this thread.
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom