Camera's on a bugget

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really enjoyed your web site also!. I have photoshop 5.0 but havnt really fooled around with it with these photo's. i get so excited about scuba diving that I just think these picture's are the gravy from my trip's.
Mike

We use the Kodak disposable on just about every dive until we can sink the money into a good digital. It takes a pretty good pic. There was a good article on that particular camera in the latest issue of Florida Scuba News.

If you ever venture over to our website, the underwater pics in the photos section were taken with it as well.

Happy diving!!!

Laurel- The Frog Queen
:royal:

I found Snapsights link by accident. They are located in Hawaii so it was easy to call and speak to them directly. I live in Boston and the camera and closeup lens arrived in about 4 days. My only complaint is a minor one. The camera is easy to reload but you need to keep the paper packaging that the camera comes in. This is because the fit in the housing is critical. That paper makes sure that the camera fits snugly and ensures that the frame advance will work.

The photo in my previous post was taken with the Snapsights. I added a little too much red in photoshop but I'm still learning.

Here is another that I took of my dive buddy holding my "regular" camera which is a Nikon 8008 in an Aquatica housing. 36 frames of Velvia went by REAL fast. Having the second camera is very handy.

Snapsights is at... www.snapsights.com
Their number is 1-808-837-0074.

FYI I saw their cameras all over Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt. The dive shops charge between 150-180 Egyptian pounds which is roughly $25 to $30. Unfortunately none of them sold the close up lens. The close up leans is great because it also has a flash diffuser. In these photos I did not use the slave flash which I often carry in my BC pocket.

Deerteagle,

Those are great sots for a $20 camera. I'm going to look at that one myself.

Bill:)

Gotair -- that pilot sure is skinny!:wacko:

Back
Top Bottom