Camera/Travel Bags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggie Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got a little time to work on this, but I have started researching bags for travel (specifically carry-ons for airlines).

I've read all the threads on this board, and am probably still as confused as before on it.

Here's what I want to be able to do (again, a carry-on piece of luggage):

A bag that I can take:

mask
regs
computer
camera
housing
camera accessories (charger, batteries, spare cards)

and looking down the road also an arm and strobe

So, any suggestions? I have a Jansport backpack, I think it might be a little too small for all of that.

Thanks.

AD

Hello,

goto wall-mart, get one of the 30g tubs with a lid, something like $10 and a roll of duct-tape. wrap your clothing/towels around your housing and a small camera bag (tools and stuff you can't do as cary on) then get something like a lowepro backpack for the film/bodies/len, this and a laptop bag is what I use as cary on. the other checking bag I use my dive bag with all my scuba gear, something I'll have 2 dive bags, the tub, my laptop bag and my backpack.

With security all screwed up like it is today you may have a hard time explaining why the housing is not check-in. Also ALWASY hand check film both PRE and POST exposed, NEVER check-in and always hand cary it.

Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom