camera and finding a underwater housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jseamless

Reaction score
hello,

i have the nikon coolpix 2500. a great digi for close range. however, i am not sure how it would work underwater. i looked into getting a underwater housing for it and i only found two available. one with a max depth of 10, that is no good, and one in japan which they want over 400 bucks for. i find this crazy, because i only paid 250$ for the camera.

can anyone recommend a digital made for underwater photography or another source to get a housing for the nikon 2500?

thanks

$400 for a camera housing is not out of the normal range. You can visit Digi-Deep to see what housings are currently available for your camera.

There are no digital cameras that I am aware of currently made for underwater use. Although I have heard that Sea & Sea has one in developement. So leaves us with housing 'regular' cameras.

As for which cameras lend themselves well to underwater photography, you need to read through these threads and use the search key for new cameras. Olympus, Canon, Nikon seem to be the top three.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom