Cambuckle question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrybosome

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Tobin or anyone else competent to answer the question.

Recently got a complete DSS rig - steel plate, torus 26 wing, Hog harness. Assembly has been simple except for one minor annoyance, more due to my ignorance than anything else.

The cambuckles come with two rubber blocks with slots for webbing. Two came on one of the cambuckles while the other had none. What are these, and how do they mount.

My best guess is they are there to help stabilize the tank.

Hi Tobin or anyone else competent to answer the question.

Recently got a complete DSS rig - steel plate, torus 26 wing, Hog harness. Assembly has been simple except for one minor annoyance, more due to my ignorance than anything else.

The cambuckles come with two rubber blocks with slots for webbing. Two came on one of the cambuckles while the other had none. What are these, and how do they mount.

My best guess is they are there to help stabilize the tank.

Sound like you are referring the "wedge blocks" These fit inside the center channel of the back plate, on the divers side. The cambands lace through the wedge blocks.

They retain the cambands in the plate and provide a compressible element in the system.

Tobin

Actual usage is one "wedge block" per camband.

I think that Tobin puts two on one camband for packing convenience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom