Camaro Wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

love2godeep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just ordered a Camaro full wetsuit from Sierra Trading Post. It came today. It is a 4 mm TI Metalite, and it was a great deal.

The trouble is, I can't get the thing on! It's not too small, but I huffed and puffed and pulled until I was all worn out, and still it wasn't right. I even wore a skin to make it easier.

Up until now, I've used my shortie, which is pretty easy to get on. If I move to a full wetsuit, am I going to have to put up with this tug-on-the-wetsuit charade, or have my fellow SB-ers found easier alternatives? I'm about ready to get a Henderson Hyperstretch, but will I have the same tug-of-war?

No it should not be that difficult.

If it's the correct size...... Try this with the suit right side out:
Sit down and slip one foot into a leg and pull the suit up to the knee. Get the knee pad just right and facing forward on the knee. Then do the other leg just to the knee. Now it should be able to roll up over your thighs. You may need to help it over you buttox but that should be no big deal either. Now I'm assuming a full suit here.... Slide one arm up a sleeve and get your hand out, and orient the seeve, repeat for the other side. The arms can be the closest fitting part sometimes but since you mentioned wearing a skin that should be easy too. Zip up the back. You may need help to manage the sealing flap but you should not really need help to zip the suit. Once the suit is seated on your shoulders the zipper should not be pulling a stretch of much more than 2" of material.

Once in the suit you should have full range of motion. You should be able to touch your toes, or at least do whatever you can do withiout the suit. Swing your arms and reach for the starts. The suit must not help you exhale!

If you can't do all of the above you have the wrong suit. This is the biggest reason why a mail order suit is a gamble of your time at best. I speak from experience. Many get lucly and some bodies are easier to fit but you can't beat trying several at a store and picking the best fit. Many divers visit many stores and try many many suits before saying eureka!

Pete

love2godeep:
I just ordered a Camaro full wetsuit from Sierra Trading Post. It came today. It is a 4 mm TI Metalite, and it was a great deal.

The trouble is, I can't get the thing on! It's not too small, but I huffed and puffed and pulled until I was all worn out, and still it wasn't right. I even wore a skin to make it easier.

Up until now, I've used my shortie, which is pretty easy to get on. If I move to a full wetsuit, am I going to have to put up with this tug-on-the-wetsuit charade, or have my fellow SB-ers found easier alternatives? I'm about ready to get a Henderson Hyperflex, but will I have the same tug-of-war?

It feels like I've tried on every wetsuit known to mankind before I bought my Henderson Hyperstretch. I have never had to struggle to get IN or OUT of my Hyperstretch, nor do I know anyone who has.

Back
Top Bottom