Cam straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mempilot:
That explains why they are more expensive. I need two new bands for my new backplate, but wasn't sure if I should spend the $ on the Halcyon's. Their catalog doesn't mention the rubberized pattern, so they just look like Dive Rite's SS's.

To be honest, I don't know if the price difference is just due to the octo grip. Halcyon stuff is just generally more expensive anyway. But it does work very well.

One thing I noticed with the old style SS buckles on Halcyon camstraps was that they scratched my tank badly. Not sure if the new SS buckles do the same.

Check out the Apollo single tank strap. I saw one at DEMA this fall. It has 10 times the holding capacity of the typical cam strap. I was really impressed with the tank holding force(greater than 100lbs) and the ease of adjustment.
Lee

I just picked up the new Halcyon SS. I'll let you guys know how well it works/if it scratches, etc...

Back
Top Bottom