Calm ocean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amoses

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am wondering what to expect for the ocean in and around Nassau, the Exuma's and the Eleuthras. I am going on a Blackbeards trip starting next Saturday and the weather guru's are thus far predicting clear to partly cloudy, 10-20% chance of rain and 7-9 MPH winds.

So.... what does that equate to in how calm the ocean will be? I was hoping it would be pretty flat like you see in pictures of the Bahamas.

The NHC.NOAA is showing currently in the Bahamas anywhere from 2-3 foot seas to 4-6 foot seas depending on where in the Bahamas. Sounds kind of rough. I have had to exit the ocean onto liveaboards in 3-5 foot seas in the Gulf of Mexico and it is not much fun - about yanked my arm out-of-socket trying to hang onto the ladder. I kind of wanted to experience the flat water - I heard it was supposed to be that way in July and August.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom