Calling Kona home

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grizz

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well its been a long time coming but after working for the past six years at it,
my wife Donna and i will be moving with our three dogs to kailua kona.
I will arrive on the 8th of October with or dogs to be fallowed a week later by my wife.

I'm going to be looking for new buddies to and to the list of Divers we already know on the island. oh how nice it will be to strap on the rebreather with out all the extra weight.

see ya soon

Wes aka (Grizz)

thanks Leesa .
are you still diving the old school Oc set up.
have you heard from Brian from Alaska lately?

Good for you. Retiring or get a job in Kona?

I am a few years away from moving over, but at least I am a lot closer after moving to Oahu two years ago!

I trust you've found about (and dealt with) the laws for importing dogs to Hawaii, right? :D

i will be moving with our three dogs to kailua kona.
Did not notice this first reading.

As another said, you are well versed in the quarantine laws for bringing in pets? Dotted the i's and crossed all the t's? One slip and it is into quarantine for the pups.

I was very paranoid about getting my cat in, and it paid off: picked him up at the airport after the animal people went over the paperwork with a fine tooth comb.

Another thing: might have changed, but I believe you must bring pets in through Honolulu first, no direct to BI as they have no quarantine facilities.

I talked with the quarantine facilities two days ago their all payed for and all three dogs have their approval paper work waiting at Honolulu air port and I was told to just have their Health certificates from their vet with me .I all so plane on taking copy's of all the dogs paper work and correspondence with
them.
I think other than waiting for our house to close getting the dogs cleared for the 5 day or less program has been very stress full.
but they are you could say are kids.
thanks to all

Ps im going to miss my fearless dive buddy Wildcard.

I'm glad that your pups are taken care off - looks like there's no holding you back now :wink:

Ps im going to miss my fearless dive buddy Wildcard.

:consolation:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom