Calling 911

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ran a goole on the name...if you want to read it now run one. The one I posted is something like 11 pages long....and to imagine the killer got out of a death sentance...

justleesa:
Ran a goole on the name...if you want to read it now run one. The one I posted is something like 11 pages long....and to imagine the killer got out of a death sentance...
The fact that the attacker came back 3 times before he finally killed her, then escaped from prison with 5 hostages and raped one later is even more troubling.

True...and we are still paying that he has a roof over his head, that he got a college education and is fed

you did the right thing by calling. although we may never know the outcome of the situation, you may have helped to defuse a situation that could have gotten far worse or had a more dreadful outcome.

justleesa:
Living in the heart of Waikik, I'm sure the situation will come again and that time I'll make the call.

You did the right thing by calling. I've been in that situation - being woken up in the dead of night by people screaming and shouting (which is made 100% easier in Hawaii by the general lack of AC, so your windows are open).

One time it was a bunch of kids with their souped up "race cars" and for a little bit I thought that it was going to turn into a group fight - then several parties zoomed away before it escalated further.

Another time it was a domestic dispute - woman angry at man for coming home so late. I guess the man decided to take off - heard his car zooming off as the woman screaming some pretty inventive epithets at him.

But I do recall the feeling of indecision - was it something minor that just sounded bad (people shouting is always alarming)? was it going to escalate? I didn't want to be over-reacting to a situation that was relatively minor - but I guess you never know.

Back
Top Bottom