Cabo San Lucas - Wetsuit recommendation, etc?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

natew

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Going to be in Cabo in about two weeks, plan to drive there and bring all ourgear. But have a few questions.

First, what kind of wetsuit should we be looking at? Here at home we are always in a 7mm with hood, gloves etc. Does anyone have any current temperatures for the area? Most of what I find says it's typically 72-82 but here in SoCal our water temps have been 5-10 below normal temps. I'm wondering if the same will be true there.

I was also planning on bringing my tanks, but wondering if it's worth it and if I'll have any trouble getting them filled down there?

Finally, looking for some suggestions for beach dive locations and any other info someone can offer.

Thanks guys!

Hi, I dive more out of cabo pulmo, about 1.5 hrs north of cabo and the water now i bet is mid 60s-low 70s (if your lucky). The earliest I have been diving there is mid may and it was low 70s w/pockets to about 65. If you go to cabo pulmo check out cabo pulmo water sports. they are the newest shop in town, Best so far IMO.
Have you driven before?? If not check out the whales in Ojos de Liebre near Guerrero Negro. Mom and Babes come w/in feet of the panga. Good camping nearby. I you diving la paz at all?? ++++ whale sharks there a bit ago. I'm jealous, I love that drive when you can do it leisurely.

Three weeks ago our bottom temps on two dives just outside the marina were 65 and 68. That was at about 70 feet. I don't know if that 's colder than usual or how much it would warm up in a month.

Take your 7mm suits, gloves boots etc...dont take your tanks or weights. I dive there twice a year at least it's not warm water there this time of year. It is clear tho! been there 9 times so if you want info let me know..maybe can help you
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom