Cabo San Lucas in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

colonelchuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Howdy, doing a little prior planning for a visit to Cabo in May. We have been there a number of times and even have a couple of timeshares (sombody has to buy them !).

I just qualified as an OW diver and just had 4 great dives in Cancun and Cozumel, but I have zero SCUBA knowledge about Cabo.

Any observations about dive shops, locations or anything else about what would make the trip better would sure be appreciated.

We were in Cabo in August, Skin Diver did a dive extravaganza there and we had a blast.(turned out to be their last hurrah).
The dives were ok, nothing extraordinary we seemed to wind up at Pelican Rock for most of the dives. We did spring for the extra dives (Cabo Pulmo highly recommended, and Gordo Banks not recommended unless you enjoy deeeeep dives100+). We dove with Amigos Del Mar. They were ok maybe a 6 out of 10. The marine life is very diverse and having only had experience with the Carribbean, it was a nice change of pace. If you can find it, I recommend the book Sea of Cortez Marine Animals by Daniel Gotshall. It made a big difference to us knowing what we were looking at. I have some photos at http://www.pbase.com/mapman/los_cabos if you want to take a peek
Hope you enjoy your trip

Hey Doc, thanks and Happy New Year to you and yours.
:diver:

Back
Top Bottom