Cabo San Lucas in Feb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pegger

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What is Cabo like in Feb temp. wise? Is it warm enough to escape the winter freeze we will be in at that time of the year?
Lastly, how does the diving rate compared to Cozumel?

Thanks,
Steve

What is Cabo like in Feb temp. wise? Is it warm enough to escape the winter freeze we will be in at that time of the year?

Thanks,
Steve

I doubt you will do any diving in Cabo in Feb. The water is cold and that is the winter so seas are rough. The fishlife is nothing compared to Cozumel.

WOW did you ever just burst my bubble Robin. I have always wanted to go to Cabo and I had never really the urge anytime other than in the winter :depressed:. Is the diving really that bad and seas that rough? Especially consider the diving in Cozumel is not at all good IMHO....it might have been great before 2005 but when I was there in 2007 it was not worth the money.

I doubt you will do any diving in Cabo in Feb. The water is cold and that is the winter so seas are rough. The fishlife is nothing compared to Cozumel.

I guess it's personal experience. I just dove Cabo and Cabo Pulmo 2 weeks ago, and I've dove Playa. Both have there pros and cons. Cabo had many more fish in general, including large fish. Playa had more tropical varieties, Cabo had bigger for sure.... at leats thats what I experienced. That being said, in Febuary? I dunno.

Hello I have Dove Coz in Feb.Big swells 6 to 8 feet are common.My last trip there 8 out of 12 divers were to sick to make the secound tank. Getting back on the Boat was a stunt mans job.
Diving Cabo at that time in Cabo is OK because The trips are done at the local spots that are protected by the natural formation of the Cabo Bay.This is also why the marina was built there and it only takes 5 min by boat to get to the Dive areas.
Water will be in the around 65 coz is only 5 degrees warmer.
On shore the air Temp.s are in the 80s a little cooler at nite but during the day is shorts,sandles and t shirts.
I Dive with Baja Dive nice 40 foot boat and a great crew. www.baja-dive.net

Hello I have Dove Coz in Feb.Big swells 6 to 8 feet are common.My last trip there 8 out of 12 divers were to sick to make the secound tank. Getting back on the Boat was a stunt mans job.
Diving Cabo at that time in Cabo is OK because The trips are done at the local spots that are protected by the natural formation of the Cabo Bay.This is also why the marina was built there and it only takes 5 min by boat to get to the Dive areas.
Water will be in the around 65 coz is only 5 degrees warmer.
On shore the air Temp.s are in the 80s a little cooler at nite but during the day is shorts,sandles and t shirts.
I Dive with Baja Dive nice 40 foot boat and a great crew. www.baja-dive.net

Temp in the 80's? I have read that the temp. in Feb is generally in the 70's. Can anyone else give input as to the average temps.

Regards,
Steve

Temp in the 80's? I have read that the temp. in Feb is generally in the 70's. Can anyone else give input as to the average temps.

Regards,
Steve

Hey Steve,

I was talking to my guide when I was there a couple weeks ago, and he said the same thing, 80's in feb. I was like...what?? He said the colder months were March-April. Maybe you can contact some of the shops down there, ask them when the coldest time of year is and what those temps would be...:wink:

Greg

This just like home at the warmest part of the year.....I guess if I could just get past the super rough seas, I could just dive my 7mm suit and be happy. Alas....it sounds like it is not to be :depressed: :shakehead:

air temp.s 80s water temp.65

Thanks,
Steve

Sue is right about the rough seas in Cancun .I had almost the same experence with big waves last time there.
I also like Cabo for Winter Diving less chance of getting blown out.
I have Time shares in Cabo And Cancun so I dive both a lot.Aquq World in Cancun is great nice Boats, good crew and a free breakfast.
When in Cabo I Dive with Baja Dive they have been therE for 13 years and have a good Rep.I like the way that they split the groups new Divers in one and advanced in the outher this way Im not coming up with a half tank.
Cabo pulmo is a great Dive I saw Hammer heads, Sea Lions and Two Whale Sharks on our last Dive There two years ago.

Back
Top Bottom