Cabo San Lucas and Sea of Cortez

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, Hdtran, you've got some nice shots there! I can't wait to get there!

Manta Divers is a great dive op! I will use them again!!

I dove La Paz last August (and am going back again this Ausgust, yay!) and I can't say enough about the Sea of Cortez. It was 88 degree water and 50-100' viz. We saw Mantas, Whale Sharks, sea lions and snorkeled with wild dolphins. Check out the My Gallery link in my signature if you want lots of pics. We wore 3mm full suits, I recommend some kind of suit as there are little hydra jellies that sting.
I don't know where they will take you diving out of Cabo but I assume it will look fairly similar, Cabo is closer to the Pacific so it might be a bit different. I haven't done the Caribbean yet so I can't compare.

Footslogger: Check out Club Cantamar. They are a resort just outside La Paz and their location saves 30-60 min a day on boat trips; they run their own dive op so it's all in one location and one price and they were great. They also do liveaboards which you can check out.

Can't wait to go back!!!

I'll be there for the Labour Day weekend week. I've dove Sept in Cabo for the last three years. It should be nice and warm, with pretty good vis and a fair few fish. 2003 there was a hurricane close and I only dove 1 day, good vis and warm water. 2004 there was a hurricane really close, the port closed and the two days of diving were pretty stirred up. 2005 was warm but with lots of particulate matter messing with the vis. I also dove Cabo Pulmo which was awesome and so worth the two hour (both ways) drive on a dirt road to get there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom